Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Dead-End Street

(Rom 8:4-6) "And now what the law code asked for but we couldn't deliver is accomplished as we, instead of redoubling our own efforts, simply embrace what the Spirit is doing in us.Those who think they can do it on their own end up obsessed with measuring their own moral muscle but never get around to exercising it in real life. Those who trust God's action in them find that God's Spirit is in them--living and breathing God! Obsession with self in these matters is a dead end; attention to God leads us out into the open, into a spacious, free life."
(msg)

Wow, I know most of my past involved trying to be good enough to please God. It seemed the harder I tried, the more I would ultimately fail. It went like this; Do Good, feel Good, Do Bad, feel Bad! What I did not consider/understand was the illusion I had bought into. You see,"..apart from Christ I can do nothing"....... but for some reason, I believed God needed a little help. My problem was, I still had a view toward the dead, mixing Old Covenant regulations with New Covenant "Living."

Child of God, know that obsession with self and Doing is a Dead-End Street. You are delivered from that dead life. Now Live in the freedom appropriated by the cross and enjoy the benefits of a New Covenant "Life."

".....Christ- In you, the hope of glory." Not, you- in- you.............. Do not try to understand this mystery, just believe!


"The Message that points to Christ on the Cross seems like sheer silliness to those hellbent on destruction, but for those on the way of salvation it makes perfect sense."(msg)

No comments:

Post a Comment